More specifically, eligible candidates must meet the following requirements:
1. Applicants who obtained their bachelor's degrees from Italian Universities are eligible for admission if they hold a "laurea" degree belonging to any one of the "classi di laurea" (degree classes) listed below under the heading "Note 1".
Applicants who completed their undergraduate studies in foreign Universities are eligible for admission if they hold a bachelor's degree in philosophy, political science or other broadly related subjects, provided that their bachelor's degree may be regarded as equivalent to one of the Italian "laurea" degrees listed below at "Note 1".
The eligibility of applicants holding bachelor's degrees in fields not included in the list of "classi di laurea" indicated below at "Note 1" is subjected to the approval of the board of the master program. The board's decision will rest on the evaluation of the applicant's academic record and of his/her performance during an interview aimed at ascertaining whether his/her background training and competences are appropriate for being fruitfully enrolled in the programme.
2. Applicants must be able to certify their knowledge of English either by providing documentation attesting that they have at least one year of university studies at institutions where English is the language of instruction, or by providing evidence, through appropriate certificates, of possessing language skills in English equivalent to level B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference.
The list of English language certificates accepted by the University of Milan and indications about their validity are available at the following link:
PPPA acknowledges as valid also English language certificates released by the SLAM to candidates previously enrolled in Bachelor's or Master's programmes offered by the University of Milan.
Applicants meeting the above requirements can be invited to an interview intended to further ascertain their level of competence in the relevant disciplinary fields and to provide indications on how to fill possible gaps in these fields. Interviews can be held both on campus or by videoconference.
When enrolling in the first year of the programme, each student will be required to specify whether he/she intends to obtain the master degree either in Political Science (Italian classe di laurea LM-62 Scienze della politica) or in Philosophy (Italian "classe di laurea" LM-78 Scienze filosofiche). Students will finalize their choice between the two options at the moment of enrolling in the second year.
L-5 Filosofia; L-14 Scienze dei servizi giuridici; L-18 Scienze dell'economia e della gestione aziendale;
L-20 Scienze della comunicazione; L-33 Scienze economiche; L-36 Scienze politiche e delle relazioni internazionali; L-37 Lauree in Scienze Sociali per la Cooperazione, lo Sviluppo e la Pace; L-40 Sociologia; L-42 Storia
Application for admission: from 12/03/2021 to 30/06/2021
Application for matriculation: from 01/04/2021 to 15/01/2022
Admitted students who have already graduated must enroll by 30 September 2021, while those who will achieve the qualification or requirements set by 31 December 2021 must enroll by 15 January 2022.
Interviews aim at assessing whether applicants have the basic competences and knowledge to be fruitfully enrolled in the programme.
Interviews will be scheduled in June 2021 for Non-EU applicants residing outside Italy and in July 2021 for all other applicants.
The calendar of the interviews will be prepared after the relevant deadlines for application expire. Indications about the date and time of the interview and about the online platform to use will be sent in due time to applicants individually.
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come:
Admission, ranking and enrolment